If the answer is yes, EU nationals and their family members will need to apply to the Home Office for settled or pre-settled status by 31 December 2020 (if the UK exits with NO DEAL) and by 30 June 2021 (if the UK exits with a DEAL). They are required to do this even if they have previously been issued a permanent residence card by the Home Office.
If EU Nationals and their family members do not apply within the set time, they will lose their right to live and work in the United Kingdom and you will be employing them unlawfully. The consequences for your business are serious and could include:
• Loss of employees and recruitment costs in finding replacements
• Loss of PBS Sponsor Licence
• Penalty of up to £20,000 per illegal worker
• Criminal sanctions (up to 5 years imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine
• Loss of reputation as the Home Office publishes the names of businesses fined for employing illegal workers
In our experience, there continues to be a lack of understanding amongst EU nationals of their need to apply, and their rights to remain in the UK going forward. This is causing a lot of anxiety amongst EU nationals.
How can OTB Legal assist in ensuring that these changes do not negatively impact your business and employees?
• Seminars for HR professionals and employees
• On-site visits to assist employees with their applications
• Assistance in assessing alternative immigration solutions post-Brexit
• Audit Compliance Service
• Right to Work checks
We are currently offering discounted Brexit Seminars to businesses for a short time at your business premises. To take advantage of this offer, please register your interest at https://otb.legal/brexit-talks/