Position: Paralegal x2
Location: Creative House, Unit 1 Chase Park, Daleside Road, Nottingham, NG2 4GT. 1 mile from Nottingham City Centre.
Hours: 35 Hours per week.
Company Profile: OTB Legal is a newly launched immigration law specialist firm of solicitors. OTB Legal started trading in April 2019, and has seen rapid growth from initiation. The ethos of the organisation is to deliver clients simply understood solutions to complex immigration problems. The firm has received a national award for its client engagement strategy and aims to disrupt traditional models of delivering legal services through innovation and use of technology. Quality of the service provided is paramount.
Practice Area: All areas of UK immigration law representing international companies, local businesses and private individuals and their loved ones.
What can we offer you:-
- An opportunity for career progression within a high-growth start-up.
- A genuine commitment to delivering a flexible, supportive workplace where our team members are of equal priority to our clients.
- Training delivered by the best immigration lawyers in the UK who will help you to become the next wave of leading immigration lawyers.
- Training contracts in the longer term for those who can demonstrate a shared passion for our business ethos.
- As a firm we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment.
- Salary of £18,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday (rising further in line with length of service) per year plus bank holidays.
What we are looking for:
Bright, ambitious graduates with a passion for immigration law and a commitment to being the best they can be through learning and mentorship. We want to develop the industry-leaders of tomorrow by taking on talent who can grow alongside the market-leading legal team we have today.
You will be working directly for a Director of OTB Legal to assist with our influx of new clients caused by a combination of our immediate impact on the legal market and the uncertainty created by Brexit.
As a small team with ambitious growth plans we will only work with the right people who share our corporate values of legal excellence, transparency, outstanding client care and a modern approach to delivering legal advice.
We need someone who is comfortable with modern IT systems as we utilise technical solutions to improve the service we offer to clients. Initiative and a willingness to learn new things alongside a natural affinity for technology will help you get up to speed with how we work.
We are seeking a graduate level person, preferably in a legal discipline, but we are open to being persuaded that other academic routes offer us wider skills from a more diverse background.
A background as a paralegal would be useful but is not essential as training will be provided. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent client care in a working environment and have an ability to turn their hand to whatever needs doing as part of a busy team.
Your CV and cover letter will need to demonstrate your suitability for a role at OTB Legal and evidence what skills you will be able to bring to the team.
Whilst no two days will be the same and your duties will increase as you gain experience, below is a sample of the type of duties you will be carrying out:
- Attending meetings with fee earners and taking notes;
- Drafting letters, preparation of file notes, telephones notes and other correspondence;
- Liaising with a variety of professionals including courts, counsel, and HR departments and other third parties by phone, email and letter;
- Drafting court documents and preparing bundles;
- Diary management to include arranging client meetings and making enquiries as to available counsel, experts and other parties;
- Updating clients on the action taken on their cases;
- Opening new case files and maintaining files up to date;
- Scanning post and other documents to case management system and filing;
- Liaising with the accounts team to process payments and assist with interim billing;
- Closing and archiving completed files;
- Performing other office duties as required;
To apply please email a full CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 31 March 2020. It is anticipated that these roles will commence mid June 2020.