Personal Immigration Team Advisor / Solicitor.
Creative House, Unit 1 Chase Park, Daleside Road, Nottingham, NG2 4GT. 1 mile from Nottingham City Centre.
35 Hours per week.
OTB Legal is an immigration law specialist firm of solicitors. OTB Legal started trading in April 2019, and has seen rapid growth from initiation. The ethos of the organisation is to deliver clients simply understood solutions to complex immigration problems. The firm has been ranked in Chambers and Partners (UK Wide: Immigration Personal) and Legal 500, and is second UK wide for Immigration Services on independent review site Review Solicitors. The quality of the service provided is paramount.
This position is for a lawyer to provide immigration services to individuals, focusing on family and private life applications, EU Settlement Scheme applications and Nationality applications.
What can we offer you:
- An opportunity for career progression within a high-growth start-up.
- A genuine commitment to delivering a flexible, supportive workplace where our team members are of equal priority to our clients.
- A positive company ethos aimed at delivering an outstanding service.
- Training delivered by the best immigration lawyers in the UK.
- A friendly and supportive team based structure
- Training contracts in the longer term for those who can demonstrate a shared passion for our business ethos.
- As a firm we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment.
- Salary dependent on experience
- 30 days holiday per year plus bank holidays, and strong parental leave benefits.
What we are looking for:
Focused, ambitious and bright immigration lawyers with a passion for immigration law and a commitment to delivering the best possible service to their clients. We are looking for lawyers with at least two years of experience in delivering immigration services, to expand a fast-growing personal immigration team.
You will be working within the personal immigration team, which delivers high quality legal advice to individuals based across the UK. The job role is based at our Nottingham office, but services can be delivered nationally through use of modern technology.
As a small team with ambitious growth plans we will only work with the right people who share our corporate values of legal excellence, transparency, outstanding client care and a modern approach to delivering legal advice.
We need someone who is comfortable with modern IT systems as we utilise technical solutions to improve the service we offer to clients. Initiative and a willingness to learn new things alongside a natural affinity for technology will help you get up to speed with how we work.
Accreditation with the Law Society at level 2 is desirable but not a requirement.
Your CV and cover letter will need to demonstrate your suitability for a role at OTB Legal and evidence what skills you will be able to bring to the team.
The following duties are representative of the work that will be conducted:
- Developing a caseload of personal immigration matters for family and private life applications, Citizenship applications and EU Settlement Scheme based applications;
- Responding to New Client enquiries in a timely and pro-active way;
- Preparing Blogs on personal immigration matters to showcase knowledge and expertise;
- Being involved in projects to support the personal immigration team including in relation to marketing or to improve efficiency of working practices; and
- Representing clients with appeal work and challenging Home Office decisions through Judicial Review.
How to apply:
To apply please email a full CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 23 April 2021. It is anticipated that these roles will commence June 2021, notice periods allowing.