Immigration Law Vacancies
"We are always looking for outstanding talent whether you have a background in business immigration, personal immigration, legal operations or anything associated with making us the best company we can be.
Our people are our greatest strength and we deliberately take our time to make sure that we only recruit the brightest candidates who are a great fit with our culture and beliefs.
We regularly publish details of our latest vacancies on this page but we do genuinely welcome applications from outstanding people at any time, particularly from the legal sector. Why not let us know how you can help us be the best company we can be by sending your CV and covering letter to [email protected]?"
ARE YOU A MATCH FOR OUR TEAM CULTURE AND BELIEFS?
WE ARE NO ORDINARY LEGAL TEAM
Our culture and company beliefs are critical to us. We work hard to recruit, develop and support the brightest talent in line with these. Are we what you are looking for in your next career move?
- A genuinely supportive team environment that values everyone's contributions.
- As a smaller niche organisation you have a real say in how we work with a management team who listen.
- Regular team days to allow staff to really get to know each other.
- Recognised as leaders in Immigration Law by the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
- Delivering an outstanding experience and case results for our clients.
- Clients who recognise the service we provide as "Excellent" on Review Solicitors.
- Carbon neutral work environment.
- Strong links with local charities and communities to support the great work they do.
- Ensuring caseloads are manageable and prioritise the health and well-being of our staff with regular downtime.
- Open to suggesting and trialling new ways of doing things in a better way.
- Doing it what it takes to deliver the best results for your client.
- Regular input into the decision-making of the company to shape direction and vision.
OTB Legal Team - could you be here next?
OUR CURRENT VACANCIES - COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM
Are you looking for a fresh start?
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with ambitious plans to become the brand for how immigration advice should be delivered?
Recognised by The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, we have considerable experience dealing with some of the most complex cases and a track record of delivering successful outcomes for our clients.
Keep an eye on our social media for new vacancy announcements:
Join the Personal
Personal Immigration Paralegal
For those wishing to get their first foot on the ladder of personal immigration law, then our Paralegal vacancy could be the route for you.
Are you a bright individual with a genuine passion for immigration law? Do you want to learn about all aspects of being a lawyer in a modern law firm and receive market-leading training from the best?
We are looking for someone with real potential to be a future star in the field of immigration law. This role will start out supporting lawyers within the Personal Immigration Team with applications and general file administration. You will then gradually move towards being trained on taking on your own caseload. We will fully support and train you with the aim of ultimately qualifying as a solicitor.
In the role you will be supporting the Personal Immigration Team. This team specialises in a wide variety of immigration applications, with a particular emphasis on assisting individuals with family and private life based applications.
Apply by 17:00pm on Mon 12 June 2023.
PERSONAL IMMIGRATION PARALEGAL:
To provide exceptional support to the legal team in a variety of legal and operational duties to allow the team to provide excellent client care and case outcomes.
[This is an overview of the entire job description- NOT all points are expected to be met]
Person specification: – [Skills, knowledge and experience required]
-An interest and passion for immigration law
-An ability to maintain a professional approach at all times
-A desire to learn about all aspects of being a lawyer
-An affinity with computer packages and willingness to embrace new technology
-A clear and concise writing style that communicates effectively and professionally
-Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to prioritise deadlines and self-manage workloads effectively
-Strong attention to detail with an awareness of the importance of accuracy and the consequences of errors
-Desire for social justice and a genuine wish to act in clients best interests
-Empathetic nature with an ability to put clients at ease and sensitivity to difficult situations
-Willingness to learn and take on constructive feedback and opportunities to improve
-Honest and trustworthy with high ethical standards
-An awareness of professional standards and regulatory framework which solicitors work within
-Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English
-Ability to provide friendly and open support to a legal team
-An approachable nature and willingness to take on tasks that are assigned to you
-Excellent client care skills
-A desire to contribute to business development through assisting with new business enquiries in an efficient and client centred manner
-Desire to identify areas in which work can be done in a better way
-Demonstrate working practices which promote personal wellbeing
-A flexible attitude to working and a willingness to do what is needed to help the team
-Good timekeeping in relation to personal punctuality as well as the completion of tasks
Tasks and responsibilities:
-General administrative tasks in relation to individual file management
-Supporting Fee Earners to progress matters on a regular basis
-Assisting Fee Earners to move new business enquiries through the conversion stages
-Liaising with clients to request documents and progress matters
-Accurately bundling and uploading documents together in support of applications
-Helping Fee Earners to close and archive files on Proclaim
-Accurately completing Home Office application forms
-Proactively work independently to complete individual tasks
-Prepare high quality blogs
-Identifying ways that we can improve processes and work more efficiently
-New Client Streams
-Actively contributing to the team efforts to bringing new clients in to the business
-Supporting Fee Earners with New Client Conversions
-Converting enquiries effectively and successfully to stage 1, stage 2 and stage 3
-Writing high quality blogs on a consistent basis.
-Carrying out tasks to a high standard both legally and procedurally with positive feedback from Fee Earners.
-Kept to the minimum level possible but with an open mind to implementing improvements where they can be made
-Responding to all clients messages in a reasonable time
-Supporting Fee Earners with Case Progression
-Cases being appropriately progressed with no unnecessary periods of inactivity
-Supporting others within the OTB Team to be happy and productive
-Successfully Delivering Projects
-As allocated by Directors at an appropriate level
-Working Smarter Not Harder
-Actively contributing to ways of working which are a more efficient use of own and colleagues’ time
-Promoting Personal Wellbeing
-Demonstrates working practices which promote personal wellbeing
WHAT OTB LEGAL CAN OFFER YOU:
- The chance to be part of a rapidly growing start-up and the next success story
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- Actively promoting a healthy work/life balance
- Salary of £20-22K Per annum
- Work with clients who love what we do and rank us amongst the best nationally for our outstanding client care.
- Support from a great technical set-up to deliver legal services in a truly modern style.
- Be part of legal excellence recognised by Chambers and Partners, Legal 500 and Review Solicitors.
- A genuine social conscience which means making a positive impact on society, the environment and legal justice.
- Variety. You will have the opportunity to work on cases across the full range of personal immigration, blog writing, or networking. Whatever your strengths we will support you.
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A generous bonus scheme in addition to your basic salary.
Mark Lilley-Tams: Head of the Personal Immigration Team
This is Mark. He heads up the Personal Immigration Team here at OTB Legal.
He has an outstanding track record of helping good lawyers become exceptional ones.
If you would like a chat with Mark to find out more about the roles before applying then please email [email protected].
Let's go for it!
Wishing good luck to all applicants.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply by: Monday 12th June @ 17:00pm.
Want to find out more about working at OTB Legal?
To find out what our current team thinks about working at OTB Legal please see below. We have paid them handsomely in breakfast cobs to say nice things about us:
We want people to grow with us. That's why we have put together a Vivid Vision document which sets a 3 year path to show where we will be in 3 years' time to allow colleagues to see where they and our company will be. If this is where you would like to be too, then we would love to hear from you. The Vivid Vision is available to view here.