APPLYING FOR A SPONSOR LICENCE
" If you are seeking to employ or already employ someone who is from outside the EU, you will need to apply for, or maintain your UK Visas and Immigration Sponsor Licence. In order to be granted a Sponsor Licence, you must demonstrate that you are a genuine business, that is offering genuine employment, and be able to demonstrate that your internal procedures are capable of carrying out your sponsorship licence obligations. Over 15% of Sponsor Licence Applications are refused.
To keep your licence, you must fulfil your obligations to UK Visas and Immigration.
At OTB Legal we have specialist lawyers who specialise in this complex area, and are committed to getting successful outcomes for applications. Our team also offer compliance audits, to ensure your company is prepared and fully compliant with your UK Visas and Immigration duties.
Why not talk to us about your Sponsor Licence? "
Our legal experts for applying for a Sponsor Licence
How we work - including our transparent pricing
We find that our 3 stage system of working with clients gives everyone the greatest clarity on what can be achieved, how it will happen and how much it will cost.
Price - £0.00
Before we take on a case we always want to establish what the right kind of application is for you and this is what the Investigation Stage is all about.
We find out more about you and what you want to achieve. It is an informal discussion which can be delivered how you want it, whether that is over the phone, using video conferencing or at our easily accessible office - it is entirely your choice.
This stage is completely free and there is no obligation to take on our paid services. At the end of the Investigation Stage you will have a clear plan as to the range of applications available, the costs involved and how likely you are to get a successful outcome.
Take advantage of this free legal advice from the UK's leading immigration lawyers:
Price - £500 (plus VAT)
Once we have been given the green light by you we can formally take instructions on making an application for a Sponsor Licence.
For a fixed fee of £500.00 (plus VAT) you will benefit from:
- Having an experienced and specialist Immigration Lawyer advising you and really getting to know your business systems and staffing requirements.
- Completing an investigation at Companies House (and any regulating body as appropriate) to identify potential and relevant issues.
- Discussing and agreeing which type of licence your business requires
- Obtaining clear written advice in plain language on the legal requirements tailored to your organisation's status and requirements.
- Receiving a detailed and tailored list of the documents to be submitted in support of your application.
- Obtaining clear written advice in plain language on key personnel requirements.
In this stage you will gain a clear strategy on how to move things forward. Our lawyers will work with you to maximise your prospects of success.
Once the Advice Stage is completed you have the choice of either completing the application yourself or instructing us to assist you in submitting your application. You remain fully in control of how far you progress your matter with us. In any event you will be armed with expert legal advice on how to apply.
Applying for a Sponsor Licence
Price - Estimate based on company of 20 employees (non-subsidiary) - £3,000.00 (plus VAT)
At the relevant time we can then formally progress your company's application for a sponsor licence.
For an agreed fee you will benefit from:
- The crucial review of all documents and evidence you have gathered in support of your application. Our lawyers will let you know if any documents are missing. If you have not been able to obtain certain key evidence, we will advise you on other ways of proving that you meet the requirements of the immigration rules.
- Advice on, and assistance with, completion of the complex online application form.
- Preparing the tailored bundle of evidence that will support your application.
- Writing a detailed cover letter in support of the application explicitly stating any relevant case law and official guidance which should be considered by the Home Office if appropriate.
- Representation all the way to the decision on your company’s sponsor licence application and advice on any further steps that are needed.
At this stage we will submit your application for a Sponsor Licence. Our lawyers will work with you to maximise your prospects of success.
Once this application stage has been completed you are able to retain our services in key personnel positions and/or compliance audit services to ensure continued compliance with your sponsorship duties.
You have a range of additional extra services to choose from
Compliance Audit - Immigration HR Systems
Price - Estimate based on company of 20 employees (non-subsidiary) - £1,680.00 (plus VAT) plus Travel
UK Visas and Immigration Sponsor Licences transfer responsibility for selecting and employing migrants to the sponsor licence holder. As a sponsor, employers have a duty to ensure that procedures are in place to ensure compliance with the Sponsor Licence duties.
UK Visas and Immigration place significant weight on the importance of trust in the operation of the sponsorship system. As such they have measures in place to ensure that licence holders are complying with their duties, and issue penalties for sponsors who do not comply. Penalties can be enforced for a range of breaches with varying degrees of consequences; from your licence being suspended, revoked or downgraded, or a limit placed on the number of Certificates of Sponsorship you can assign. Suspension from the Sponsor Management System, a downgrade or revocation may have serious implications for your business.
We can audit your HR systems and provide advice on complying with your obligations. Our service includes:
- The crucial review of all Human Resource Procedures.
- Review of employee documents to ensure continued compliance with your sponsor licence duties. Advice on, and assistance with, UKVI compliance interviews.
- Review of key personnel, and whether your current licence is the appropriate one for your business.
- Our lawyers will let you know if any documents are missing or if your procedures need to be tightened in light of frequently changing immigration rules.
Price - £1,685.00 (plus VAT) plus Travel
This pack provides your company with all the information you need to successfully maintain your Sponsor Licence and details the obligations you have as a Sponsor Licence holder.
This is a bespoke package designed for managers, key personnel and HR managers.
Want more information about this type of application?
I worked closely with OTB Legal who were helping a multi-national company carry out a sponsor licence compliance audit. I was very impressed with their comprehensive understanding of Home Office systems and procedures. More importantly, they were very easy to work with and struck an excellent balance between the constraints of the rules and pragmatism.
Ready to talk to us?
If you want to take the first step towards getting an outstanding legal service then click the button below to decide how you want to get in contact with us. You can even schedule an appointment from your finger tips via our on-line booking system.
Your first chat with us will always be free, confidential and give you a clear idea of the application types which suit you best. There is no obligation to purchase any services from us but we will give you an idea as to costs and your chances of getting a successful case outcome if you decide you want to make an application. Our leading legal team are waiting to hear from you now or whenever you feel you are ready.